Indian Invention – Women’s Long Sleeve T-shirt
Did you know chess originated in India around the 6th Century BC and used to be called Chaturanga? Check. Mate.
For anyone you know who loves chess and the fact that is an Indian invention, the Indian Invention – Women’s Long Sleeve T-shirt is a great choice.
Supplier : Redbubble
- Slim fit, but if that’s not your thing, order a size up
- Solid colors are 100% cotton, heathered and marled fabrics are 90% cotton, 10% polyester
- Ethically sourced
Available in 6 colours : For this design, we recommend darker colours like Black, Dark Blue and Dark Grey.
Available in sizes S to XL
Design notes from the Three-Brains designer on New Zealand Invention – Men’s Long Sleeve T-shirt
- Did you know chess originated in India around the 6th Century BC? And that the game was originally called Chaturanga? Check. Mate.
- We sourced and checked the Indian flag colours of Saffron (#FF9933) and Green (#138808) to highlight the Indian credentials of this claim.
- There is a slight warp effect added into the text using Adobe Illustrator’s Envelope Distort / Mesh tool so that the text wraps a little around the image of the two chess pieces.
- We chose the king and queen as these are the most important pieces on the chess board. We also thought it would create appeal having both a ‘female’ and ‘male’ chess piece.
- Our other reason for choosing the king and queen was that their outline shape is so distinctive. Anyone into chess would recognise those outlines straight away.
- The font used on this design is called Impact. It is a Sans Serif font. We adjusted the leading to make sure the two words started with the same width.
- There are light curve strokes down the centre of each chess piece to create a 3D effect using the pen, direct select and curvature tools.
There are no reviews yet.