Australian Invention Wifi Women’s Relaxed Fit T-shirt
Wifi was invented by Dr John O’Sullivan, an Australian scientist and the team at CSIRO in 1998. Good on ya, mate. You may well be reading this on your mobile phone and that’s down to the usefulness of this amazing invention.
Celebrate the world of invention with our range of Invention T-shirts from all around the world. Innovations from China, England, India, New Zealand, Scotland and the USA also feature.
Supplier : Redbubble
- Boxy, oversized fit with wide scoop neckline
- Short dolman sleeve
- Solid colors are 100% cotton; heathered fabrics are 90% cotton, 10% polyester
- Printed specifically for you, using your individual choice of art
- Ethically sourced
Available in 7 colours : For this design, we recommend dark colours like Black, Charcoal Heather and Navy.
Available in sizes XS to XL.
Design Notes from Australian Invention Wifi Women’s Relaxed Fit T-shirt
- Dr John O’Sullivan, an Australian engineer with CSIRO widely credited with inventing wifi back in 1998 Inspired us to create this design.
- We sourced and checked the Australian flag colours of Green (#00843D) and Yellow (#FFCD00) to highlight the Australian credentials of this claim. These colours come from the Golden Wattle flower.
- The font used on this design is called Impact. It is a Sans Serif font. We adjusted the leading to make sure the two words started with the same width.
- We put a slight warp effect into the text using Adobe Illustrator’s Envelope Distort / Mesh tool so that the text wraps a little around the image of the wi fi signal.
- The wi-fi signal has a 3D Extrude and Bevel effect added in Adobe Illustrator to avoid the design feeling flat.
- We wanted to keep the design simple as everyone will recognise the Wifi symbol. It has become one of the most globally recognised icons.