American invention – Mobile Phone – Men’s Lightweight Hoodie
Do you like inventions and clever ideas? Celebrate one of the most impactful inventions ever with this American Invention – Mobile Phone – Men’s Lightweight Hoodie. You might even be looking at this on a mobile phone right now?
Supplier : Redbubble
Available in 6 colours
Available in sizes XS to 3XL
- 7.5 oz (250gsm) preshrunk 55% cotton, 45% polyester french terry ringspun for softness
- Cold wash and hang out to dry to preserve your print
- 1 x 1 rib cuffs with spandex to maintain shape
- Front pouch (kangaroo) pocket and dyed to match drawcord detailing
- Custom printed with your chosen artwork, when you order
Design notes from the Three-Brains designer on American invention – Mobile Phone – Men’s Lightweight Hoodie
- We believe good ideas can start anywhere. But we believed not a lot of people knew where some of the ideas that impact our lives every day came from.
- The idea behind this design was to celebrate Martin Cooper, an American engineer at Motorola widely credited with inventing the first mobile phone back in 1973
- We sourced and checked the US flag colours of Red (#BF0A30), White (#FFFFFF) and Blue (#002868) to highlight the US credentials of this claim.
- The font used on this design is called Impact. It is a Sans Serif font. We adjusted the leading to make sure the two words started with the same width.
- We put a slight warp effect into the text using Adobe Illustrator’s Envelope Distort / Mesh tool. This means the text wraps a little around the image of the phone.
- The phone has a metallic grayscale gradient applied to create a polished aluminum look
- We would ideally like to have set the time to the year of US independence. But 17:76 is clearly not an actual real time. So we picked the next significant US historic milestone which could also be a time – the 1812 war with the English.