How this guide raises your game :-
- Learn how design principles apply to packaging development.
- Learn how writing principles apply to packaging development.
- Understand the practical and physical considerations associated with packaging to move products though the supply chain.
The purpose of packaging development is primarily to get your product safely into the customer’s hands. But academic evidence also shows it has a large influence on the customer’s buying decision.
Its role within marketing is to support your :-
- Brand identity – It’s a tangible brand asset customers associate with your brand. It helps them identify who you are, and helps them find you when they’re looking to buy.
- Product offer – It’s an extension of the product part of your marketing mix. Up to the point of purchase, it’s often the main way a customers interacts with the product.
- Communications – It’s a way to interact with customers as part of their overall customer experience. You can use it to build awareness, and land key messages to drive consideration and trial at the point of purchase.
It’s this last area we focus on in this guide. We look at :-