How this guide raises your game :-
- Learn how design principles apply to packaging development.
- Learn how writing principles apply to packaging development.
- Understand the practical and physical factors associated with packaging and the supply chain.
The primary purpose of packaging development is to get your product safely into the customer’s hands. But academic evidence also shows it has a big influence on the customer’s buying decision.
Its role within marketing is to support your :-
- Brand identity – It’s a tangible brand asset customers associate with your brand. It helps them identify who you are, and find you when they’re looking to buy.
- Product offer – It’s an extension of the product part of your marketing mix. Up to the point of purchase, it’s often the main way customers interact with the product.
- Communications – It’s a way to interact with customers as part of their overall customer experience. You can use it to build awareness, and land key messages to drive consideration and trial at the point of purchase.
This guide focusses on this last area. We look at how :-