Level up your digital marketing skills
Digital marketing has been driven by rapid advances in technology. We cover how to build your digital marketing skills to take advantage of these new opportunities. Learn how to reach and engage customers in new and more powerful ways.
These guides start with our overall digital business model framework. Then we cover key front-end digital marketing skills like media, websites and customer experience. We also cover key back-end skills like digital data and marketing technology which enable your online activities.
Level up your digital marketing skills
Digital marketing covers many different topics and skills. Learn the 7 steps of our simple RESTART model for digital marketing to help organise your digital marketing plan.
- Learn the elements which make up a successful digital business model.
- How to drive reach, engagement and sales objectives via digital.
- Understand the transforming role of technology, data and resources in your digital business model.
Learn how to reach your online target customers using different types of digital media channels. Read our guide to key channels like search, social and display.
- Learn how digital media fits into the overall advertising and media plan.
- Understand the basic terms used in search marketing.
- Learn how the “in” and “out” of social media activities supports your digital business model.
Your website is where online customers most engage with your content and brand. Read our guide to planning and building a great website experience for your customers.
- Learn about blogging, the easiest way to start a website.
- Learn the 8 key steps of how a website actually works.
- Build your knowledge of website content, style and functionality to build a more engaging website.
Learn about marketing technology with a focus on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. How can CRM support your marketing goals? How do you define marketing technology requirements? Read this to learn more.
- Learn about the 4 major groups of marketing technology.
- Understand where Customer Relationship Management (CRM) fits in your marketing plan.
- How to define your marketing technology requirements.
Digital marketing creates new data and insights about customers. Read this to learn how to set up and use different data sources, including your legal and security obligations. We also share how to write user stories to define your data needs.
- Free sources of digital data to generate customer insights.
- How to set up digital data on your own platforms including key legal and security considerations.
- See examples of data user stories you can use to grow your business.
Customer experience (CX) is a process to manage your brand’s interaction with customers. Read our guide to learn about the customer journey, pain points and moments that matter. Follow this process to improve your focus on customers.
- The role of customer experience in your digital marketing plan.
- Learn key customer experience development tools, like personas and the journey map.
- How to make customer experience part of your culture.
Three-Brains and digital marketing skills
We’ve got lots of experience in digital marketing. We can help you grow your skills in both ‘front of house’ and ‘back of house’ digital activities. Our aim is to help you use these digital marketing skills to connect better with customers, improve your marketing plan and grow your sales.
The scope of digital and digital marketing covers many different topics. It can be hard to know where to start. And to be sure you’ve covered everything.
To help get your head around digital, check out our digital business model guide, which takes you through our RESTART model.
RESTART stands for reach, engage, sell, technology, analysis, resource and transform. These are the 7 key steps you need for a successful digital business model.
See our resources section for more free tools like this.
Latest digital marketing blog posts
Why read this? : We share quick, easy and free ways to do informal market research. Learn how to put your observation and listening skills