How this guide raises your game :-
- Learn the key questions to answer at each stage of the brand choice funnel.
- Understand which brand assets you need, how to classify them and where and when to use them.
- Understand how to organise your assets into a ‘brand on a page’ and a brand book and style guide.
There’s some key steps to go through before you start creating your brand identity.
First, you need segmentation research to understand different customer needs. You group customers into segments.
You need to work out
- who they are (demographics).
- when and where their needs come up (occasions).
- their motivations and attitudes (psychographics).
Then, you need to work out each segment’s attractiveness, so you can decide which ones to target.
Finally, you create a positioning statement and map. This defines which target you’ll go for and how you plan to persuade them to choose your brand.
Only once you’ve gone through each step of the segmentation, targeting and positioning process should you start on your brand identity. To do that, you first need to understand how customers interact with brands.
Let’s start with a little story.