How this guide raises your game.
- Learn the key questions to answer at each stage of the brand choice funnel.
- Understand which brand assets you need, how to classify them and where and when to use them.
- Understand how to organise your assets into a ‘brand on a page’ and a brand book and style guide.
There’s some key steps to go through before you start creating your brand identity.
First, you need segmentation research to understand different customer needs. Then, you need to go through the targeting and positioning process to define your target audience. You can’t create your brand until you know who it’s for.
You need to work out
- who they are (demographics).
- when and where their needs come up (occasions).
- their motivations and attitudes (psychographics).
From that customer understanding, you can then stand to build your brand identity to meet their needs and hit your business goals.
To build your brand, you need to understand how customers interact with brands. For that, we need to start with the brand choice funnel.