Level up your brand strategy skills
Learning brand strategy skills gives you tools, processes and ways of thinking which create stronger brands. Stronger brands connect better with customers, last longer and drive more profitable sales. Your brand strategy sets the agenda for everything else you do in marketing.
Read our brand strategy skills guides to learn the brand development process. Learn key processes like segmentation, targeting and positioning, and how to build your brand identity. We also cover action focussed processes like the marketing plan, brand activation and how to do innovation. Read this to level up your brand strategy skills.
Level up your brand strategy skills
Read our overview of the brand development process. Learn why brand strength helps you charge higher prices and create more loyal customers. Learn the 5 key steps in the brand development process. And learn how to make sure the overall process runs smoothly.
- Learn the pros and cons of the 3 main types of segmentation approach.
- Understand key steps to identify market attractiveness as part of targeting.
- Learn how to build a brand positioning statement.
- Learn the key questions you need to answer at each stage of the brand choice funnel.
- Understand which brand assets you need, how to classify them and where and when to use them.
- Understand how to organise your assets into a ‘brand on a page’ and in to a brand book and style guide.
The marketing plan collates information and decisions into an action plan of key activities you’ll do over the next 6 -18 months. Learn the contents of a great plan and use our tools, templates and tips on how to create your own plan.
- Find out the 3 key business questions your marketing plan has to answer.
- Learn how tools like the marketing mix and GAME plans help you structure and share your plan.
- Improve the process you use to build and action your marketing plan.
Strategy is nothing without action. Read our guide on how to turn plans into activity briefs and clear actions. Plus, learn how regular performance measurement helps improve your brand activation and ensures an action focus.
- Learn how the marketing mix 4Ps activities can be converted into brand activation.
- Read how to measure and track brand performance.
- Find out how to influence stakeholders to prevent hold-ups and objections to your brand activation.
Customer needs change over time. Read our guide to marketing innovation models and processes to learn how to create new products and services to meet new customer needs. Learn how to use marketing innovation to grow your sales.
- Learn the different approaches to marketing innovation and what they mean for your business.
- Understand key steps of the marketing innovation process to move from ideas to launches.
- Get ideas on how to manage marketing innovation once it has launched to the market.
Three-Brains and brand strategy skills
Need help building your brand strategy? Sceptical about all those agencies who say they can solve your marketing problems? Before they even know what those problems are?
We’ve many years of marketing experience building successful brands. Our coaching and consulting services starts by helping you work out what your marketing problems are. Then, we help you find the right answers for your business. Email us to find out more about how we can help you build your brand strategy skills to grow your business.
When you’re new to brand strategy, it can be difficult to know where to start.
The 5 steps we cover in our guide to the the brand development process, helps you identify the key steps, the key questions and the key actions to follow. From knowing your market, to brand activation, this process will keep you on track.
Use this tool as a reference when you look to build your brand strategy.
Latest blog posts on brand strategy
Why read this? : We share quick, easy and free ways to do informal market research. Learn how to put your observation and listening skills