Why read this? : Marketplaces are a quick and easy way to start selling online. We review the main options, and what they have to
Setting up an online store
Setting up an online store is the most direct way to sell online. These guides cover many of the benefits. Learn how D2C creates stronger connections with customers, a very different commercial model, and gives you much more control.
They also cover the skills you need to build and the challenges you’ll face. How to build your online store strategy and how to start selling. How to build your business model and set up your website. We also cover the back-end order to delivery process and how to manage your store. Read these guides to learn more about setting up your own store.
Setting up an online store
There are 2 approaches to setting your online store strategy. You can go fast, start selling early and learn as you go. Or, you can go through a full external and internal review, then set your strategy. Read this guide to see which approach best meets your needs.
- Understand the fast and full approaches to online store strategy, and decide which one works best for your store.
- The key elements to consider in an external analysis and an internal capability plan.
- Learn how the strategy drives your goal, business case and plan.
Learn the 3 ‘must have’ parts of your online store launch plan. Something to sell. Somewhere to sell it. And a plan for payment and delivery. Learn how different sourcing and channel options meet these needs. Read this to get started selling online.
- How to have something to sell with product options such as making, creating, trading and services.
- The pros and cons of channels like marketplaces and print on demand to selling your products.
- Read how payments and delivery work, and how to learn more about these areas.
Learn how to build your store’s business model. We cover how to forecast sales and build your store’s Profit and Loss, line by line. Learn the unique way D2C costs work, so you’re all set to make sure your store runs at a profit.
- Learn how to work out your store’s total potential audience and forecast what your share could be.
- Read a line by line review of the online store Profit and Loss, so you understand key financial measures to track.
- Learn the unique cost challenges that come with running an online store.
Learn how to build a great online shopping experience. We cover key activities to set up your online store website. Learn what’s needed in your marketing plan, and how to set up your customer experience to meet shopper needs.
- Learn how your online store website acts a hub for your e-Commerce marketing activity.
- How to set up content, style and functionality to support customer experience on your store’s website.
- An overview of the pros and cons of the 3 most common e-Commerce platforms – WooCommerce, Shopify and Adobe Commerce.
How to manage your store order to delivery. Learn all the key activities you need from when a customer places an order to it landing on their doorstep. Plus, we share common customer enquiries and issues, and how to prepare for them.
- How to set up and manage payments through a payment gateway.
- Learn about order validation, and the process of picking, packing and dispatching products from the warehouse.
- The importance of the last mile of the delivery, and how to prepare for complaints and issues.
Learn how to manage your online store. What marketing activities you need. Learn how to set and track KPIs. And how to actually control the online store. Learn the value of putting the right team in place and having clear processes and routines.
- How to identify the marketing activities which drive better connections with shoppers.
- Learn the key commercial measures and systems to set goals and KPIs and track performance.
- The importance of controlling your business by working with the right people and establishing processes and routines.
Three-Brains and e-Commerce skills
The Three-Brains team have worked on many successful e-Commerce projects. Our experience covers e-Commerce planning, how to work with online retailers and how to build online stores. We work with customers to fix e-Commerce problems – either how to start or where to improve their online selling.
Downloadable D2C status dashboard
There’s many jobs to do when it comes to D2C. You need to define your strategy and plan. Work out the sales and marketing. And also set up the whole operational side of the business. It can be complex.
Powerpoint and Keynote versions of this document available on request.