Why read this? : We explore the opportunity and issue areas around the e-Commerce supply chain. Learn where the challenges come from and how to
Setting up an online store
Setting up an online store changes the way you interact with customers. Learn what going Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) means for your business These guides cover how to start, and how to manage the commercials and operations of this sales channel.
Learn the specific skills you need to deal with the challenges you’ll face. For example, how to build your online store strategy and how to start selling. How to build your business model and set up your website. We also cover the order to delivery process and how to manage your store. Read these guides to learn more about setting up an online store.
Setting up an online store
There are 2 approaches to online store strategy. Go fast, start selling early and learn as you go. Or do a full external and internal review, then set your strategy. Read this guide to see the pros and cons of each.
- Explore the 2 main approaches to building an online store strategy.
- Understand the value of doing an external analysis and internal capability review.
- Learn how your strategy shapes your store’s goal, business case and activation plan.
- Go through different product sourcing options to learn how to start selling online quickly.
- Review the pros and cons of channels like dropshipping, marketplaces and print on demand.
- Learn the basics of payments and delivery you need to start sellng quickly online.
- Learn how to forecast your share of your store’s customer universe.
- Go through each line of an online store Profit and Loss to learn which KPIs to prioritise.
- Learn how to manage the unique cost challenges of online stores.
Learn how to build a great shopping experience on your online store website. We explore how to build your store’s marketing plan and how to set up your customer experience to meet shopper needs.
- Learn how you define your online store website’s purpose and strategy.
- Explore how content, style and functionality drive the customer experience on your store’s website.
- An overview of the pros and cons of the 3 most common e-Commerce platforms :- WooCommerce, Shopify and Adobe Commerce.
Learn how to set up and manage your order to delivery system. What has to happen from when a customer places an order to it being delivered. Plus, how to prepare for common customer service issues.
- How to manage payments via a payment gateway.
- Learn about order processing with a focus on the picking, packing and dispatching of products, and the last mile of the delivery.
- Read examples so you can prepare customer service teams to handle enquiries and complaints.
Learn how to manage your online store. We explore marketing activities, setting and tracking KPIs and how to control your store by putting the right team in place with clear processes and routines.
- Learn which marketing activities drive stronger customer connections with your store.
- Review how measures and systems help you set goals and track performance.
- How to control your business by working with the right people and establishing processes and routines.
Three-Brains and e-Commerce skills
The Three-Brains team have worked on many successful e-Commerce projects. Our experience covers e-Commerce planning, how to work with online retailers and how to build online stores. We love helping businesses fix their e-Commerce problems. Either how to start, or how to improve their online selling. We help you optimise your marketing and creative skills to boost your e-Commerce performance.
Downloadable D2C status dashboard
There are many jobs to do in D2C. You have to define your strategy and plan. Work out how sales and marketing will work. And also set up the whole operational side of the business. It can be complex.
PowerPoint and Keynote versions of this document available on request.
Latest e-Commerce blog posts
Why read this? : We explore how to define and refine your e-Commerce opportunity in the e-Commerce planning process. Learn how to craft it as