Grow your e-Commerce skills
E-Commerce is all about selling online, either through third-party retailer sites, or setting up your own online store. E-Commerce skills are a combination of marketing and creative skills to drive sales, and technical skills to set up and run e-Commerce systems and processes efficiently and effectively.
Our e-Commerce skill guides show you how to pull these different skills together. Learn how to plan for e-Commerce. Our guides cover how to work with online retailers, and how to set up your own online store. We even share lessons from the set-up of the store on this site. Learn also about the different e-Commerce functions you need and how to get more sales online. Read these guides to grow your e-Commerce skills.
Grow your e-Commerce skills
Learn how the e-Commerce planning process works and how to use it. From opportunities to channel plans and experience activation, this guide has all you need to go from e-commerce zero to hero.
- Learn the 6 key steps of the e-Commerce planning process.
- Understand how to identify and validate e-Commerce opportunities and the pros and cons of different e-Commerce channels.
- Learn the activities and processes you need to manage to create successful online selling experiences for your target audience.
Setting up your own online store gives you the most control over your online selling, but also the most complexity. Learn from our guides to D2C strategy, selling online, store websites, business modelling and more.
Online selling is more than having a website. We’ll cover the marketing, finance and supply chain functional systems you need to run your own efficient and profitable online shop.
- Learn how marketing and digital marketing activities connect to your online store.
- Explore the role of finance in your online store to manage sales, costs and profits.
- Understand the importance of supply chain to support efficient storage and delivery of online store orders.
Learn the pros and cons of each of the main online retailer channels. We review marketplaces, bricks and clicks, pure players and dropshipping options. And learn the key skills need do grow with online retailers.
- Learn the 4 distinct groups of online retailer channels.
- Understand and learn the pros and cons of each online retailer channel in more detail with examples.
- Identify the key skills you need to grow your sales with online retailers.
Read behind the scenes stories from our own online shop. We believe the best learning comes when you put theory into practice. So we share key e-Commerce skills lessons we’ve learned with this real-life example.
- Learn from how we planned and set up the Three-Brains shop.
- Our learnings and lessons from the area of product development for your online store.
- Summary of our key market research and marketing performance lessons.
Learn the 3 e-Commerce skills that drive online sales. Market research to understand customer needs. Brand development to create strong brands. And customer experience to optimise interactions.
- Learn how market research helps you better understand what online shoppers need and want.
- Read about key brand marketing skills which help you win customers.
- Review the key customer experience activities which make your brand more e-Commerce friendly.
Three-Brains and e-Commerce skills
The Three-Brains team have worked on many successful e-Commerce projects. Our experience covers e-Commerce planning, how to work with online retailers and how to build online stores. We work with customers to fix e-Commerce problems – either how to start or where to improve their online selling.